In the K-12 Home School Program, parents and guardians take an active role in their students’ education by providing the primary delivery of academic instruction in the home. Credentialed teachers work with families to ensure curriculum meets California State Content Standards and to assess student achievement. Credentialed teachers help parents and students take advantage of a flexible instructional program, curriculum, enrichment services and other resources to enhance their home schooling experience.
Families commit to providing at least four to six hours of in-home instruction daily and Visions’ provides:
- A credentialed teacher that ensures curriculum meets California standards (available Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm), assesses student achievement, and administers state-mandated testing;
- A flexible spending account (up to $1,700 for the school year) to use for a student’s personalized learning plan;
- A large number of curriculum options (Amazon, TextbookX, A Brighter Child, etc.);
- Enrichment activities such as tutoring, lessons, classes, music, field trips, etc.. (See our list of enrichment vendors, over 1000 vendors);
- Access to Visions’ computer system which allows parents to track curriculum funds, curriculum orders, grades, attendance, take online tests and quizzes, participate in Visions’ online community and more;
- A wide variety of courses to choose from our K-12 Home School catalog
- Community college courses with approval from a Visions counselor;
- Vocational apprenticeships through the California Apprenticeship Program;
- Field trips, picnics and other activities, with other home school students and families;
- Technical education and regional occupation programs (ROP);
- Support services including academic and career planning.
See our three options for high school students.