Visions In Education is proud to announce our Career and Technical Education (CTE) partnership with Folsom Lake College. Students in our Independent Study and University Prep academies can now choose to take a series of courses at Folsom Lake College to explore career opportunities in healthcare. These community college opportunities allow students to earn college credit while still in high school and get a head start on planning for life after graduation.
This multi-year sequence of courses will prepare students for a variety of careers within the healthcare field. See this page for more information.
Preparing For The Real World
CTE includes a variety of features and benefits to help students start preparing for their future.
- Learn from guest speakers.
- Develop healthcare and employability soft skills.
- Earn Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) certification.
- Earn CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Earn college credit: this pathway offers CCAP dual enrollment courses in partnership with the Los Rios Community College District.
- Get access to internship, job shadowing and/or community service opportunities.
- Get a head start on earning college credit while still in high school.
- Free classes. Visions covers the cost of books and supplies.
- Program makes the transition from high school to community college easier.
- Explore a career field and potential jobs before committing to a college major.
Note: to register, Visions students must be enrolled in Independent Study or University Prep in grades 10, 11 or 12, have a GPA of 2.0 or higher and reside within the Los Rios Community College District.
Not interested in healthcare? We also offer an Automotive Tech partnership with American River College! Learn more here.