Visions In Education is partnered with the American River College (ARC) Automotive Department to offer a program for Visions students that allows them to develop marketable skills in automotive mechanics while earning both high school and college credits.
The Automotive program, which offers various classes, gives students hands-on experience that allows them to earn multiple certifications needed to work in the automotive career field. Participation in this program offers students potential job opportunities and higher earnings upon graduation. See the ARC Automotive Technology page for more information.
- Students will take courses that prepare them for an entry level position at a dealership or shop performing basic oil, lube, and filter procedures.
- Students may continue in the hands-on lab and choose to pursue specific course “tracks” in braking systems, parts and service, or green automotive technologies.
- Courses are currently held in a hybrid model including virtual classes and hands-on activities that are completed in-person on the American River College campus.
- Open to Visions students in Independent Study, University Prep and Home School, who are 16 years old or older with a 2.0 cumulative GPA or better.
- Get a head start on earning college credit while still in high school.
- Visions covers the cost of books and supplies.
- Program makes the transition from high school to community college easier.
- Explore a career field and potential jobs before committing to a college major.
- Increased potential for job opportunities and security as there’s a shortage of qualified automotive mechanics in today’s workforce.
- Watch this video to learn even more.
Find Your Future At Visions
Our Career and Technical Education team hopes to offer additional college partnerships and other career pathways in the future.
Visit our Support Services page for other college and career opportunities, including our Patient Care Pathway: Healthcare Careers partnership with Folsom Lake College.