In the TK-12 Home School Program, parents and guardians take an active role in their students’ education by providing the primary delivery of academic instruction in the home. Credentialed teachers work with families to ensure curriculum meets California State Content Standards and to assess student achievement. Credentialed teachers help parents and students take advantage of a flexible instructional program, curriculum, enrichment services and other resources to enhance their home schooling experience.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is an early education program for children that turn five between September 2 and December 2. It is the beginning of a two-year kindergarten program that prepares students to succeed academically with the confidence and skills they need to thrive.
Families commit to providing at least four to six hours of in-home instruction daily and Visions’ provides:
- A credentialed teacher that ensures curriculum meets California standards (available Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm), assesses student achievement, and administers state-mandated testing;
- A flexible spending account (up to $1,800 for the school year) to use for a student’s personalized learning plan;
- Online Ordering systems to ensure quick and easy curriculum ordering;
- Enrichment activities such as tutoring, lessons, classes, music, field trips, etc.. (See our list of enrichment vendors, over 1,000 vendors);
- 24/7 access to systems to manage student budgets, curriculum orders, enroll in classes/events and participate with our online community and more;
- A wide variety of courses to choose from our Home School High School catalog
- Access to Community college courses with approval from a Visions counselor;
- Vocational apprenticeships through the California Apprenticeship Program;
- Field trips, picnics and other activities, with other home school students and families;
- Technical education and regional occupation programs (ROP);
- Support services including academic and career planning.
- While enrolled with Visions, students may not be enrolled in any other school public or private.
- We offer many tools to support your homeschooling journey. Check out our Home School Parent Training videos.
See our three options for high school students.