Frequently Asked Questions

Have Questions? Get Answers!


What kind of school is Visions?
Visions In Education is a free public charter school that is fully accredited through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Our charter school provides parents and students an alternative to traditional schools. With Visions, a student can choose between our Home School, Online Independent Study, or Online University Prep programs.
Is Visions In Education accredited?
Yes. Visions In Education is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Credits earned while attending Visions are transferable to traditional public schools.
How much does it cost?
Visions is a FREE public charter school!
What high school options does Visions offer?
Visions offers three programs for high school students in grades 9-12. Learn more about our Online Independent Study, Online University Prep and Home School high school options here.
Where will I meet with my teacher?
Visions teachers will meet with you at a mutually agreeable location in your community.
Is there a graduation ceremony?
Yes, there is a traditional graduation ceremony near the end of each school year. The ceremony is held at a location near the center of our service area so that it is convenient for all students.
How many credits does it take to graduate?
Visions In Education requires 220 semester credits to graduate. Students are typically enrolled as full-time students with a load of 30 credits per semester.
If I am behind in credits, can I catch up and graduate with my class?
This will depend on the student’s unique circumstance and personalized educational plan developed with the student’s counselor.
Can I graduate early?
This will depend on the student’s unique circumstance and personalized educational plan developed with the student’s counselor.
Can I get my diploma from Visions if I am older than 18?
Visions In Education does not offer a GED or Adult Education program. For more information, please contact our enrollment team at 1-833-883-1601.
Does Visions In Education issue work permits?
Yes, Visions In Education issues work permits to qualifying students in accordance with the law and ordinances set by the California Labor Board.
What are Learning Assessments?
Learning Assessments provide students with a clear view of where they stand academically and determine what they’re ready to learn next to build their personalized learning plan. Students in grades kindergarten through eighth will participate in the beginning and end of the year using Curriculum Associates (iReady) for reading and math assessments. Students in grades nine through eleven will participate in the Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA) MAP reading and mathematics assessments. Learning Assessments will be referenced in the student’s Master Agreement and will be administered to all Visions students.
Do you require testing? Where is the testing done?
The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) program requires that all public schools in California administer standardized tests designated by the California State Board of Education to all students in grades 3 through 8 and grade 11. As a result, all students participate in all applicable tests. Students are typically scheduled to complete these tests at various locations throughout our nine-county service area.
How do you serve students with special needs/IEP/504 plan?
We support students with special needs through a variety of programs, including Response to Intervention (RTI), 504 plans, and special education. Response to Intervention (RtI): The Visions in Education RtI team meets weekly to recommend intervention supports for struggling students. 504 Plans: 504 plans protect and support students who have a disability that substantially limits one or more major life activities. Special Education: As a public school, Visions in Education (VIE) provides special education (IEP) and related services (speech, OT, PT, counseling) to students who qualify. The service delivery model at Visions is different than in other educational settings. In our home school model, where the parent is the primary educator, your student will not see a special educator (Resource Facilitator) on a daily basis. Your student's credentialed teacher and the Special Education Department will always work with you to make progress toward student goals within our independent study program. We look forward to working together as a team to create an IEP that is reasonably calculated to provide educational benefit for your student. Once your student is enrolled, a special education teacher will contact you and an interim Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meeting will be held within 30 days from the start of the school year to ensure that the best possible supports are in place for your student’s success.
Do you have an English Learner (EL) program?
Yes. For English Learners (EL) who can be successful in an independent study program, Visions provides a targeted curriculum, classes and individualized attention.

Get Your Free Info Kit