Recognizing Native American Heritage Month
November is Native American Heritage Month, also known as American Indian and Alaska Native Heritage Month.
The month is a time to recognize and celebrate the diverse cultures, traditions, and histories of Native people.
Native American Heritage Month is also a time to educate others about tribes and raise awareness about the unique challenges Native people face.
Join us in learning more about Native American history through some of the resources below.
- Native American Heritage Commission – California-specific tribe history.
- National Museum of the American Indian – History, webinars and more.
- Native Knowledge 360° Education Initiative – Interactive educational guides for teachers and parents.
- NativeAmericanHeritageMonth.gov – Information on exhibits, events and resources for families and teachers.
Local Community Resources
- Sacramento Native American Health Center: Health services.
- American Indian Child Resource Center: Youth programs and support.
- CA Consortium for Urban Indian Health: Mental health resources.