Prepare for College from Home
Our University Prep High School Academy is for students in 9th through 12th grades who want to be ready to apply to a four-year university, state college or community college after high school graduation. In this unique program, students work independently at home and in the community with the support of a teacher and small-group activities with other students.
Students in this program are provided opportunities to research local universities like Cal State Sacramento and UC Davis. Through field trips, our students learn what college is like. In addition, our UC Davis STEM mentoring program helps our students develop college plans with visits to university campuses, which allows each student to have an opportunity to interact with college students to explore their post-high school options. In addition, all courses in this academy meet A-G requirements which are required to apply to many State and UC system universities.
Academic success at the college level requires students to have a high level of technology skills. To help students reach their potential, each student is provided with an Acer Chromebook while enrolled. Projects are completed with the help of a variety of online tools such as Google Apps, Gradpoint Online Learning Management System, and more. In addition, teachers and students stay connected by way of face to face, phone, text, video-calls, and email. Read more about how our partnership with Pearson has improved student-teacher relationships.
Students work in groups to learn by doing projects that are based upon the students’ unique interests. Each individual receives support from their peers and a team of teachers through various types of meetings. The students develop strong communication, presentation, organization, time-management, research, self-awareness, and reflection skills from the University Prep model of learning in groups and doing individual projects.
All of this for FREE!
- One-on-one relationship with a credentialed teacher.
- Tutoring and Counseling Support.
- Community college and Textbooks (up to $800 per year).
- Flexible program to fit your schedule.
- Support services including academic and career planning.
- Field trips, college visitations and more.
- $300 per year for Student Directed Projects or Enrichment Activities beginning in Fall 2018.
- Access to Career Technical Education (CTE) programs and vocational apprenticeships.
- New ARC – Auto Tech Program