Women’s History Month recognizes the vital contributions of women throughout history and inspires girls to have the courage to achieve everything they set their minds to.
Check out these resources including stories on historical women, podcasts, books and activities.
- 5 inventions designed by women
- Top list of kid’s books about trailblazing women
- Podcast featuring conversations with women activists, professionals and authors (teens and adults)
- International Women’s Day activities for all ages
- Womenshistorymonth.gov – includes historical resources, art and more.
Quote of the Month
“I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fears; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
Watch this quick video to learn about the origins of Women’s History Month and how a school teacher in Sonoma County, California helped make it an annual event.