May 2-6 is Teacher Appreciation week, a time to recognize the educators that make an impact in the lives of students every single day. Teachers are the foundation of a strong school and Visions In Education has thrived because of outstanding teachers for more than twenty years.
Paying It Forward
Nobody knows the impact of a great teacher like our superintendent Dr. Steve Olmos. After graduating high school, Dr. Olmos started working in a factory while attending community college, but soon dropped out of college to work full time. It was words of wisdom from his former Spanish teacher Mr. Perez that prompted Dr. Olmos to return to complete his education;
“I could have easily continued down this path if it were not for Mr. Perez planting the seed to not settle for what I had,” said Steve. “He is the reason why I became a teacher.”
One good teacher inspired Dr. Olmos to become a teacher himself, leading to a long career of giving back to students.
The Parent Teacher Association has been hosting Teacher Appreciation Week since 1984 and is a great resource for teacher appreciation ideas.
- Send your teacher a Fillable Thank You Card! Write a message thanking your teacher for their support and deliver it to them.
- Create a slideshow of images/quotes about your favorite teacher with others from your teacher’s class.
- Create artwork, poems and video messages to celebrate your teachers!
- Use the Parent Teacher Association hashtag #TeachingsIsAWorkofHeart to share your teacher appreciation week celebrations!
- Use some PTA social media post to thank your teachers!