We are a tuition-free public school that supports a new horizon in public education. We provide a high quality standards-based education to Home School families (TK-12) and Independent Study High School students (9-12), including our University Prep High School (EDGE) Program. We now serve over 5,300 students across our 9-county service area, making us the largest and most stable charter school in the Sacramento valley region. Visions is chartered by San Juan Unified School District, our authorizing district which is located in Sacramento County. You can be confident that we are the pacific coast’s leading charter school providers.
Our credentialed teachers meet with you in your home or community anywhere in the nine Northern California counties we serve, and they personalize your educational plan to help you graduate and succeed as they have for thousands of other Visions In Education students.
We are a fully accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and proud members of several leading educational and professional associations which set high standards and keep us accountable to best practices:
- A+Plus – The Association of Personalized Learning Schools and Services
- Charter School Development Center
- California Charter Schools Association
- California Educational Technology Professional Association
- California Employers Association
- CalChamber (California Chamber of Commerce)
- Learning – Supporting a learning environment that continuously motivates all individuals to excel;
- Relationships – Creating and maintaining meaningful relationships among students, families, teachers, staff, and community partners;
- Integrity – Conducting ourselves with honesty and responsibility;
- Accountability – Demonstrating a personal and institutional accountability for student learning, ethical conduct, and adherence to mandates, policies, and procedures;
- Innovation – Challenging ourselves to create unique ideas and innovative solutions in a technology rich environment;
- Respect – Promoting a school community that appreciates the value of students, families, colleagues, and cultures;
- Service -Dedicating ourselves to delivering excellent service.
You may view our Education Protection Account (EPA) information by clicking here.
You may view our Charter petition document (Our Charter) which has been approved by the San Juan Unified School District or our School Accountability Report Card (Our SARC) by selecting the links below: