Medical Careers Pathway
Visions In Education is proud to provide 10th, 11th, and 12th grade Independent Study and University Prep students with educational experiences that extend beyond the classroom and reach into their future. Visions’ Career and Technical Education (CTE) program strives to prepare students for college and career by keeping students engaged while providing credentialed instruction, work-based learning opportunities, and dual enrollment and articulated college credit.
Healthcare is currently one of the fastest growing career sectors in California and the nation. Medical Careers is a CTE pathway offered by Visions for students who intend to enter the healthcare career field. The pathway curriculum focuses on foundational knowledge and skills needed to be successful in any career involving healthcare and is taught by a Visions teacher. After additional schooling, future career options include: medical/dental assistant, home care aide, office assistant, records technician, nursing assistant and more. This pathway also includes guest speakers, job shadowing, and internship opportunities. Read more.
- Learn from healthcare guest speakers.
- Develop healthcare and employability soft skills.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) certification.
- CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Aligned with industry developed competencies and skills.
- Get a head start on earning college credit while still in high school.
- Visions covers the cost of books and supplies.
- Program makes the transition from high school to career and/or college easier.
- Explore a career field and potential jobs before committing to a college major.
Find Your Future At Visions
Visit our Support Services page for other college and career opportunities, including our Gaming & Simulation Pathway.
Our Career and Technical Education team hopes to offer additional college partnerships and other career pathways in the future.